Tuesday 4 December 2012

Shadow of the Oak by Eric Edstrom

Shadow of the Oak (A Sal Van Sleen Adventure)Shadow of the Oak by Eric Edstrom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Shadow of the Oak is a novella, roughly 93 pages, but a whole story in itself. Many times when reading a short story you just do not get enough detail to really be able to make the story complete, and though I feel like I keep repeating myself when reviewing Eric Edstrom's books, I have to say again that the detail he puts into each and every character is fabulous. His characters are wonderfully written, and it's the characters that make really a story.

Sal is great fun, and so is his best friend Billy, and even though we never actually met Billy's mom, I really like her! I heard a rumor that there is a second Sal Van Sleen Adventure in the works, and I'm looking forward to it!


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready to post my review of this book. I'm a huge fan of Eric's writing. Love his Undermountain series and waiting anxiously for the third installment.
    I agree about his characters. They could almost step off the page!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri for posting this wonderful review. Thanks Laura for your kind words. I really appreciate the support you both give to us writers! The second book in this series in process, but I had to put it aside while wrapping up book 3 in The Undermountain Saga which will be out by the end of the year.

    I'm glad you liked Sal and his friends. There's definitely some strange things happing in Mushkobewun, Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete